[ AFTER THE CONTRACT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED ]
[ ORDERING THE TITLE WORK ]
[ BEFORE THE CLOSING DAY: ]
[ DAY OF CLOSING ]
DAY OF CLOSING
- Your funds for closing must be certified. Bring a certified or cashierís check, a money order; provide a wire, or another type of guaranteed funds to closing. (Call ahead just prior to closing to get a final figure.)
- Bring a form of photo identification, such as a driverís license, state-issued identification card or a passport.
- If you are married, bring your spouse. No matter how you took title, no matter whose name the loan or title is/was/will be in, if you are married, both of you need to attend closing. If both of you cannot be there, contact your closer as soon as you know so that closing time can be changed and other arrangements may be made.
- Be certain that your name is correct on the grant deed. Is it spelled correctly, and does it include your correct middle initial? Is the manner in which you will take title stated correctly? Is the legal description of the property correct?
- Your closer will summarize every document and explain its purpose as best they can, remember that these are the lenders documents, not the title company's.